So over the years I’ve develop different tricks to keep focus while I edit. Here is a list I came up with. I love list. Even if you aren’t an editor, this list might help you stay focus in general.
Ways to keep the flow going:
1. Block out the outside world with headphones
2. Play music you enjoy and inspires you. I prefer artist like: Hammock
3. Have a hot cup of tea next to you, the kick of coffee doesn’t last long but it works too.
4. Food within arm reach: fruit, nuts, chips, -chocolate is a great reward.
5. Phone on silent.
6. Fiji water (you’re worth it)
7. If you aren’t editing dialog, listen to Podcast. They can help keep the working rhythm. Especially in After Effects. Check out, “This American Life.
8. Limit how many times you check your email.
9. Keep a note book in front of you. When your thoughts begin to think of other things, write them down. Get them out of your head. This will make you feel like you are doing something about it. Also sometimes new creative ideas will come. Writing them down will help you do them later.
Those are some of my focusing and editing tips. If you can’t focus then take a break, watch an inspiring video or go take a walk. Above all else, get the project done!
Do you have any focusing tricks?