This is the most common question I’ve been getting, and the funny thing is that my answer keeps changing. There are many reasons why someone and why you are subscribe to my blog. I think that is the key. Giving you many reasons, attracting many different people.
I also care about you. I care that you reach your goals, that you find happiness and that you are inspired. I at times get emailed from people asking to post things on my blog, to advertise and my firsts thought is what would you want. I want my blog site to be a safe place for everyone, I also want it to be a place where you can find honesty, the truth, my journey in my career, photography, how you can succeed and even my faith.
Blogging is about paying attention to your ideas and your audience. Give them a reason to come back and give yourself reasons to keep on writing.
Here are some thoughts you can apply to your own blog. Maybe they will help.
1. Make your blog navigation easy and organized.
2. Make it easy for someone to subscribe.
3. Use tags so people can find your topic.
4. Don’t have too many categories, it will overwhelm the user. It will overwhelm you!
5. Make your post visually appealing and keep your text short.
6. Your title of your post is important, it needs to say your point.
7. Be honest, even if you are scared, show your flaws but remember to leave on a hopeful note.
8. Blog consistently, once a week is good, and respond to comments.
9. Help others, encourage them.
10. Post photos, everyone loves photos!
11. Write about what you are in to.
12. Make every post as professionally as possible, post work that you are proud of.
I saw my numbers grow when I was featured on WordPress Front Page, Freshly Pressed. It was my Paris trip that got my blog the most attention. I had been blogging for two years with 30 subscribers and gave them my best work. It prepared me for the 2000 that followed. My advice is, don’t make blogging about numbers, make it about people. Write about what you are passionate about and what you love! 🙂 Above all, you gotta enjoy it.
How are you growing your audience on your blog?
How did you find mine?